5.19.2007

Toronto FC 1 - DCU 2

Yes, an away win. Sadly I was unable to see the game. Work ya know! Reading the boards it sounds like we battled well and deserved the win. Though I'm getting the impression that alot of fans are waiting to be convinced by this years edition, myself included. Given our results so far, I say fair enough. Outside of winning first place, the regular season is one long grind and not of the greatest importance and as fans we do need to keep our feet on the ground. What is important is getting the team right. By that I mean right mix of Healthy players, right tactics with those players and a positive attitude. I'm getting the impression that Tommy understands that, as evidenced by some of the changes he has been making to the starting line-up and his subs. Credit to him for going for the win today as well, a willingness to go for the win if it there for the taking is nice to see. So yeah, winning as often as we can during the regular season is important to me as a fan but after our start this regular season looks like a rollercoaster ride. Its on upswing now but .....

And that is one of joys of fandom. That up and down swing which has you swinging between hopelessness and joy. Maybe that's what I'm seeing in this team right now. There are bits and pieces of something really good here but it seems to be not far away from really bad as well. That anticipation of something good is addictive. So in hope of Saturday v Houston.

Highlights



Now come on St. Pauli!!!!

Amon Tobin Verbal

No comments: